- Owner: Municipal Development and Lending Fund (MDLF)
- Location: Gaza Area (Deir Albalah, Gaza , Khan Younis , Rafah& North Gaza Governorates), for the implementation of
- Duration: 2016-2017
- Type of Services:
The main objective of this consultancy assignment is to provide technical assistance to municipalities in the Gaza Area (Deir Albalah, Gaza , Khan Younis , Rafah& North Gaza Governorates), for the implementation of subprojects approved by MDLF as part of the MDP11 – additional financing window Five , as follows:
- Sub-project Selection: the LTC shall assist MDLF and work closely with municipalities in selection of target municipalities and their damage repair related sub-projects to benefit from the available fund. The selection will be according to specified allocation criteria.
- Assisting in the reviewing and commenting on the designs and estimated costs (priced BOQ).
- Subproject implementation and supervision: build the capacity of municipalities to implement the subprojects and assist them in the supervision including reporting on progress of implementation, monitoring of indicators, and compliance with the standards as delineated by the MDLF
- Ensuring compliance with technical and fiduciary aspects: build the capacity and provide guidance to municipalities on technical and fiduciary aspects of sub-project preparation and implementation to ensure compliance with MDLF’s procurement, financial, social and environment safeguards (including provision of mitigation measures) procedures. The consultant is required to ensure compliance of the participating 25 municipalities of the Gaza Strip with regard to the Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF). In this regard, it is important to note that environmental and social management criteria are part of the project selection endorsement process conducted by MDLF.